Greenwich Conservatives have published our manifesto for the local Council elections on 5th May. "Our Plan to Make a Difference in Greenwich" sets out how local Conservative councillors will continue to stand up for local people and provide a strong opposition to Labour at the Town Hall.
Launching the document, Leader of Greenwich Conservatives, Councillor Nigel Fletcher said:
"At this election we are asking residents to help us to make a difference locally. Labour has run Greenwich Council for 50 years, becoming more out of touch and taking voters for granted. Whether it's voting to increase their own allowances, wasting money or implementing unpopular traffic schemes, they have stopped listening to local people. Now they want to win every seat on the Council and silence the voices of those who disagree."
"Today we're setting out a clear plan for how we will continue to be a strong opposition and speak up for local people when decisions are being made. Labour wants to divert attention from their own failures by campaigning only on national issues, but this is a local election, with important local issues at stake. Electing local Conservatives really does make a difference - we work hard for residents, hold Labour to account, and have a real impact by getting things done. Whatever your party politics, Greenwich needs an opposition."
The manifesto sets out specific pledges on how we will use our influence to campaign on issues from crime and transport to housing and the environment. Overall, our plan shows ten ways that voting Conservative locally will make a difference:
- Proper local policing in our communities to fight crime
- Better homes and more control of the planning system
- Support for our local shops and high streets
- Cleaner streets and zero-tolerance of litter
- More funding to protect and improve our local parks
- Improved transport and an end to Labour’s traffic chaos
- Support for the NHS and a choice of good local schools
- Decision-making closer to local people
- Saving you money and helping those in need
- Support for local culture and protection of our heritage
You can read the full manifesto at: www.greenwichconservatives.com/manifesto.